Pablo Escobar Tour: the Horror of the Narcowar
The phenomenon of Pablo Escobar and the Medellín Cartel must not be hidden, but rather understood!
He tour from Medellín de Cerca on Pablo Escobar does not praise, exalt or promote crime; nor does it repeat the speech of emphatic condemnation that the traditional institutionality wants to impose. Instead, we strive to deeply understand the causes, the context, and the consequences.
Visit some of the places that marked the life of Pablo Escobar, learn about the main anecdotes and historical moments and understand the drug phenomenon, based on the principles of objectivity and neutrality.
This tour allows us to analyze history and reflect on drug trafficking, violence and corruption in Colombia. An independent journalistic approach is used, without limiting itself to the biases of the media, nor to the censorship of the authorities and traditional institutions, nor to the particular feelings of the people closest to the head of the Medellín Cartel.
With a historical context, different views and different versions are addressed, so that you can identify the lessons that should be learned from the drug war.
This tour must be done by vehicle, since different places in the city that are separated by several kilometers are visited. You will have the opportunity to walk through the places where stops are made.
From the agreed start time until we drop you off at the same place where we picked you up or at any other place you have indicated.
Nota: si el usuario adiciona la visita al Museo Pablo Escobar, el recorrido durará aproximadamente dos horas más.
This tour It is ideal for…
- Feel the magnitude of the impact that the Medellín Cartel had on the economy, security and mentality of the population of Medellín, Antioquia and Colombia.
- Tour the places that Pablo Escobar inhabited and that were decisive in the operations of the Medellín Cartel.
- Know unofficial versions about the life of Pablo Escobar, taken from people who were close to him.
In this tour the following stops are made:
• Parque de la Inflexión: antiguo Edificio Mónaco, residencia principal de Pablo Escobar y su familia. Hoy en día, es un lugar conmemorativo de las víctimas mortales que dejó el accionar delictivo de Escobar.
• Barrio Pablo Escobar: oficialmente llamado “Medellín Sin Tugurios”, este fue el barrio que el líder del Cartel de Medellín construyó para brindar casas a algunas de las familias más pobres de la ciudad. Allí se encuentra el monumento a Pablo Escobar.
• Place of his death: house where the capo died cornered.
• Lunch or light meal: a break in a restaurant suggested by Medellín de Cerca (the expenses you make in this activity are not covered in the tour fee).
• Tomb: you will observe Escobar's burial place, which receives numerous visitors, offerings and talismans, at different times of the year.
• (Opcional) Museo Pablo Escobar: está disponible la opción de adicionar esta parada, lo que aumentará la duración del recorrido. Al momento de realizar la reserva, el usuario deberá agregar la visita al museo en la sección de servicios adicionales. Los boletos de ingreso deberá comprarlos el usuario directamente en el museo.
In addition to the stops, during the tour the guide will explain and comment on other key places and areas of the city.
Passenger pick-up and drop-off locations
The collection is made at the address indicated by the user, within the urban areas of the municipalities of Medellín, Envigado, Itagüí, Sabaneta or Bello. At the end of the tour, the vehicle of the tour will transfer users to this same place or to any other that they indicate, within the mentioned areas.
The pick-up service in a different area has an additional cost.
Please call us or write to us via Whatsapp at the contact line +57 (324) 261 2618 to report your location. You can also contact us through the chat button located at the bottom right of this website. This is the only way we can be sure to determine your pick-up location. Keep in mind our opening hours:
• Monday to Friday from 7:00 am to 6:00 pm
• Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays (holidays) from 7:00 am to 2:00 pm
Note: likewise, we will proceed to contact you as soon as we are notified of your purchase... but, to be sure that we coordinate in the best way and avoid failures, please call or write us! Sometimes, it happens that the client, by mistake, writes his contact telephone number wrong in the reservation form, or has a line from another country that does not work well in Colombia... or any other contingency can happen. Therefore, it is vital that you contact us.
Tour start times
Choose between the different time options that you will find in the reservation form or contact us through our service channels (phone line and WhatsApp +57 (324) 261 2618 or chat button) to request a personalized pick-up time.
Book any of our tours and you will receive, free of charge, a copy of our book Medellín Up Close – Medellín up close. LIMITED TIME OFFER (terms and conditions apply).
Medellín Up Close – Medellín up close It is the most beautiful and complete collection book and tourist guide about the city. Its sale price to the public in tourist sites and bookstores in the country is COP ($) 59,900.
• Transportation in a special tourism vehicle, according to the number of passengers.
• In the tours private, transportation is an exclusive service (the only passengers will be the members of the group that made the reservation; they will not share with other groups).
• Accompaniment by a tour guide or a driver guide.
• Medical assistance policy.
does not include
- Food or drinks not specified.
- No other additional products or services.
Our rates are group
You pay a single amount (once) and the service is contracted for your entire group.
- 1 to 2 people: COP $ 290,000
- 3 to 4 people: COP $ 310,000
- 5 to 6 people: COP $ 750,000
- 7 to 9 people: COP $ 930,000
- 10 to 15 people: COP $ 1,350,000
Example: the rate for 1 to 2 people is COP $ 10. So, if the tour is done by a single user, they will pay COP $ 10. If two users go, they will also pay COP $ 10 in total (the equivalent of COP $ 5 per person ).
If you need to hire a tour private for more than fifteen people: contact us through chat or the telephone line and Whatsapp +57 (324) 261 2618 to request a custom quote.
Surcharge for scripting in English:
COP $ 40,000 (single value, applicable only once to the entire group).
Once you complete the reservation, we will send you a complete list of recommendations to your email.
Why choose us?
• The tours from Medellín de Cerca are recognized for being experiences cool, fun and entertaining experiences, designed to be unforgettable.
• We do not focus only on transporting you. Our strength is the knowledge of the city and its nearby regions. We put at your disposal everything we have learned over the years, so that you can get the most out of your stay.
• We are a formalized tourist agency / operator, recognized and monitored by the Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Tourism of Colombia, which gives you security, comfort and support in different situations.
• You can make your payments on our website with complete security, through PayU Latam, the most widespread online payment platform in Latin America.
If you require advice to book this tour, click the button chat located in the lower right corner of this page.