Guatapé and El Peñol Tour
Delight yourself with the magic of the landscape, the exuberance of Piedra del Peñol or Peñón de Guatapé, a tour by boat or motorboat around the Peñol-Guatapé dam, the traditional charm of a colorful town adorned with plinths and the traditional food of the area.
Se parte desde Medellín hacia Guatapé, municipio ubicado en el Oriente Antioqueño, en un recorrido de aproximadamente 80 kilómetros (50 millas).
From the agreed start time until we drop you off at the same place where we picked you up or at any other place you have indicated.
This tour It is ideal for…
• Pass, walk and take photos in the Piedra del Peñol (or Peñón de Guatapé).
• Enjoy the spectacular view of the Peñol-Guatapé dam, from the top of La Piedra.
• Pass, walk and take photos in the colorful streets and facades adorned with plinths.
• Navigate in the waters of the Peñol-Guatapé reservoir.
• Spot the luxury houses of some personalities, located on the islands, peninsulas and surrounding areas of the dam.
• Know the history of the construction and filling of the dam.
In this tour the following stops are made:
• Piedra del Peñol (Peñón de Guatapé): tour this giant monolith, enjoy the spectacular landscapes that this place offers and take unforgettable photos of a unique place in the world. The ascent to the top of Piedra del Peñol is optional. This has an additional cost that is paid directly at the ticket office of the place. Rate year 2023: $ 25,000.
• Roca Temple: a Catholic parish built in the likeness of the Piedra del Peñol (Peñón de Guatapé).
• Replica of Old Peñol: this “mini town” is a small-scale replica of what was the old main square of the municipality of El Peñol.
• Lunch: enjoy a delicious typical lunch in a restaurant selected by Medellín de Cerca.
• Boat or boat trip (depending on the number of passengers and availability of the boats): navigate on the waters of the Peñol-Guatapé reservoir and learn about the history of the place told by the local guides.
• Streets of Guatapé.
Passenger pick-up and drop-off locations
The collection is made at the address indicated by the user, within the urban areas of the municipalities of Medellín, Envigado, Itagüí, Sabaneta or Bello. At the end of the tour, the vehicle of the tour will transfer users to this same place or to any other that they indicate, within the mentioned areas.
The pick-up service in a different area has an additional cost.
Please call us or write to us via Whatsapp at the contact line +57 (324) 261 2618 to report your location. You can also contact us through the chat button located at the bottom right of this website. This is the only way we can be sure to determine your pick-up location. Keep in mind our opening hours:
• Monday to Friday from 7:00 am to 6:00 pm
• Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays (holidays) from 7:00 am to 2:00 pm
Note: likewise, we will proceed to contact you as soon as we are notified of your purchase... but, to be sure that we coordinate in the best way and avoid failures, please call or write us! Sometimes, it happens that the client, by mistake, writes his contact telephone number wrong in the reservation form, or has a line from another country that does not work well in Colombia... or any other contingency can happen. Therefore, it is vital that you contact us.
Tour start times
Choose between the different time options that you will find in the reservation form or contact us through our service channels (phone line and WhatsApp +57 (324) 261 2618 or chat button) to request a personalized pick-up time.
Book any of our tours and you will receive, free of charge, a copy of our book Medellín Up Close – Medellín up close. LIMITED TIME OFFER (terms and conditions apply).
Medellín Up Close – Medellín up close It is the most beautiful and complete collection book and tourist guide about the city. Its sale price to the public in tourist sites and bookstores in the country is COP ($) 59,900.
• Transportation in a special tourism vehicle, according to the number of passengers.
• In the tours private, transportation is an exclusive service (the only passengers will be the members of the group that made the reservation; they will not share with other groups).
• Accompaniment by a tour guide or a driver guide.
• Medical assistance policy.
• This tour includes lunch.
does not include
- Food or drinks not specified.
- No other additional products or services.
Our rates are group
You pay a single amount (once) and the service is contracted for your entire group.
- 1 to 2 people: COP $ 700,000
- 3 to 4 people: COP $ 920,000
- 5 to 6 people: COP $ 1,660,000
- 7 to 9 people: COP 2,030,000
- 10 to 15 people: COP $ 2,750,000
Example: the rate for 1 to 2 people is COP $ 10. So, if the tour is done by a single user, they will pay COP $ 10. If two users go, they will also pay COP $ 10 in total (the equivalent of COP $ 5 per person ).
If you need to hire a tour private for more than fifteen people: contact us through chat or the telephone line and Whatsapp +57 (324) 261 2618 to request a custom quote.
Surcharge for scripting in English:
COP $ 40,000 (single value, applicable only once to the entire group).
Once you complete the reservation, we will send you a complete list of recommendations to your email.
Why choose us?
• The tours from Medellín de Cerca are recognized for being experiences cool, fun and entertaining experiences, designed to be unforgettable.
• We do not focus only on transporting you. Our strength is the knowledge of the city and its nearby regions. We put at your disposal everything we have learned over the years, so that you can get the most out of your stay.
• We are a formalized tourist agency / operator, recognized and monitored by the Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Tourism of Colombia, which gives you security, comfort and support in different situations.
• You can make your payments on our website with complete security, through PayU Latam, the most widespread online payment platform in Latin America.
If you require advice to book this tour, click the button chat located in the lower right corner of this page.