River and Rail Adventure Tour
Three and a half hours by road from Medellín, we will arrive at the Magdalena Medio region, where we will enjoy a unique Colombian landscape: the exuberant mountains that the founding muleteers of the Paisa culture traveled, the tropical humid forest, a river with rapids that promise an exciting day of rafting and in which, in addition, artisanal gold mining is practiced. Finally, you will be able to travel on the track along which the old Antioquia Railway passed, in artisanal carriages, just like the local population does. When traveling on the railway tracks, in the middle of lush vegetation you will see villages and hamlets that are now almost forgotten, but that were very popular at the time when the Antioquia Railway operated (1929 to 1999). In this experience you will connect with nature and with typical expressions of what the life of the Paisa people was like before the development of Medellín as an industrial metropolis.
From the agreed start time until we drop you off at the same place where we picked you up or at any other place you have indicated.
This tour It is ideal for…
• Enjoy an exciting day of rafting, with challenging rapids and in a landscape of beautiful diversity of trees and birds.
• Observe the artisanal practice of gold mining, by the communities that coexist with the river (the presence of artisanal miners is not guaranteed every day).
• Travel along the rail of the old Antioquia Railway, in the middle of the thick vegetation of a tropical humid forest, on artisanal vehicles adapted by local communities. This is a unique and fascinating experience, typical of the rural context of Antioquia and the Paisa culture.
• Contemplate the grandeur of the Antioquian mountains.
• Integrate with a peasant population that preserves centuries-old customs of the Paisa culture.
• Enjoy a typical, homemade lunch, just as the local inhabitants eat it daily.
In this tour the following stops are made:
• Mid-morning snack: a stop is made along the way to have a typical Antioquia drink (aguapanela, hot chocolate or mazamorra).
• Rafting: a boat tour of approximately two hours. You will pass through rapids, “barequeo” (artisanal gold extraction) areas, a place to have lunch and take a bath in the river and you will be able to visit some peasant homes (subject to the availability of their inhabitants).
• Transportation in artisanal carriages: a journey of approximately 45 minutes, crossing the tropical humid forest of the Magdalena Medio area.
• Short walk through the square of a typical town in Magdalena Medio, Antioquia.
Passenger pick-up and drop-off locations
The collection is made at the address indicated by the user, within the urban areas of the municipalities of Medellín, Envigado, Itagüí, Sabaneta or Bello. At the end of the tour, the vehicle of the tour will transfer users to this same place or to any other that they indicate, within the mentioned areas.
The pick-up service in a different area has an additional cost.
Please call us or write to us via Whatsapp at the contact line +57 (324) 261 2618 to report your location. You can also contact us through the chat button located at the bottom right of this website. This is the only way we can be sure to determine your pick-up location. Keep in mind our opening hours:
• Monday to Friday from 7:00 am to 6:00 pm
• Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays (holidays) from 7:00 am to 2:00 pm
Note: likewise, we will proceed to contact you as soon as we are notified of your purchase... but, to be sure that we coordinate in the best way and avoid failures, please call or write us! Sometimes, it happens that the client, by mistake, writes his contact telephone number wrong in the reservation form, or has a line from another country that does not work well in Colombia... or any other contingency can happen. Therefore, it is vital that you contact us.
Tour start times
Choose between the different time options that you will find in the reservation form or contact us through our service channels (phone line and WhatsApp +57 (324) 261 2618 or chat button) to request a personalized pick-up time.
Book any of our tours and you will receive, free of charge, a copy of our book Medellín Up Close – Medellín up close. LIMITED TIME OFFER (terms and conditions apply).
Medellín Up Close – Medellín up close It is the most beautiful and complete collection book and tourist guide about the city. Its sale price to the public in tourist sites and bookstores in the country is COP ($) 59,900.
• Transportation in a special tourism vehicle, according to the number of passengers.
• In the tours private, transportation is an exclusive service (the only passengers will be the members of the group that made the reservation; they will not share with other groups).
• Accompaniment by a tour guide or a driver guide.
• Medical assistance policy.
• A typical Antioquian drink (aguapanela, hot chocolate or mazamorra).
• Afternoon snack (sandwich or similar).
• This tour includes lunch.
does not include
- Food or drinks not specified.
- No other additional products or services.
Our rates are group
You pay a single amount (once) and the service is contracted for your entire group.
- 1 to 2 people: COP $ 1,100,000
- 3 to 4 people: COP $ 1,280,000
- 5 to 6 people: COP $ 2,130,000
- 7 to 9 people: COP 2,530,000
- 10 to 15 people: COP $ 3,310,000
Example: the rate for 1 to 2 people is COP $ 10. So, if the tour is done by a single user, they will pay COP $ 10. If two users go, they will also pay COP $ 10 in total (the equivalent of COP $ 5 per person ).
If you need to hire a tour private for more than fifteen people: contact us through chat or the telephone line and Whatsapp +57 (324) 261 2618 to request a custom quote.
Surcharge for scripting in English:
COP $ 40,000 (single value, applicable only once to the entire group).
Once you complete the reservation, we will send you a complete list of recommendations to your email.
Why choose us?
• The tours from Medellín de Cerca are recognized for being experiences cool, fun and entertaining experiences, designed to be unforgettable.
• We do not focus only on transporting you. Our strength is the knowledge of the city and its nearby regions. We put at your disposal everything we have learned over the years, so that you can get the most out of your stay.
• We are a formalized tourist agency / operator, recognized and monitored by the Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Tourism of Colombia, which gives you security, comfort and support in different situations.
• You can make your payments on our website with complete security, through PayU Latam, the most widespread online payment platform in Latin America.
If you require advice to book this tour, click the button chat located in the lower right corner of this page.