Libro de colección y guía turística de Medellín
Medellín Up Close – Medellín up close es el libro de colección y guía turística más hermosa y completa sobre Medellín. Es un libro artístico bilingüe (inglés-español) que ofrece un resumen de la cultura, las tradiciones, la historia, los lugares, el entorno natural, el arte, la arquitectura, la cotidianidad, la gastronomía y la transformación de la ciudad.
Written by native inhabitants of the city.
Historia de Medellín, cultura y tradiciones
Medellín es una ciudad amada por sus habitantes y que despierta el interés de muchos visitantes, pero ¿qué tanto saben sobre ella?
El libro Medellín Up Close – Medellín up close aborda aspectos de las tradiciones, la historia, el paisajismo, la infraestructura, los lugares, la gastronomía, la cotidianidad, las celebraciones, los ritos y el arte de la ciudad.
Medellín Up Close – Medellín up close revela información que incluso la mayoría de habitantes de la capital antioqueña ignora y que debería dominar.
Work awarded by the Colombian Ministry of Culture to represent the country at the Guadalajara International Book Fair, the most important in the Spanish-speaking world.
Un souvenir de Medellín
para llevar a cualquier parte
Medellín Up Close – Medellín up close It is a native gift, very own, ideal for family, friends, colleagues, work contacts and clients, when we visit them in other cities in Colombia or abroad. It is a luxury book and a pocket book at the same time. Due to its friendly format, it is easy to carry in your luggage without giving rise to penalties by the airlines. It can also be carried as a handheld item.
For the countries that are outside
The paisas that live in other countries or in other regions of Colombia yearn for their city, they remember it at every moment, they recall the streets they used, the neighborhood, the school, the friends, the food of their mothers and grandmothers. So many beautiful, everyday things! In addition, they want to share, with friends and relatives, the spirit of the city that we transmit through this book. For all this, Medellín Up Close – Medellín up close It is a reason for joy and an ideal gift for them.
Para ampliar la perspectiva de los extranjeros sobre la ciudad
Many people, not only foreigners, but also Colombians and even those born and raised in Medellín, know very little about the history, geography, and culture of the city and its surroundings. On many occasions, their understanding is reduced to what they see in movies and series that only talk about the Medellín Cartel and drug trafficking... but there is much more to tell about this metropolis.
Platforms that transmit series and movies, such as Netflix, large international television channels and even the Colombian television channels themselves they take advantage of the public's fascination with crime stories and seek to increase their profits by associating Medellín, eminently, with the figure of drug trafficking, delinquency and crime. That is the story that is being told to millions of people, not only around the world, but even in our own land.
That is why we want our readers, both our own and strangers, to recognize the cultural and natural wealth of our city and the Paisa territory. This city enclosed by mountains is fascinating, even with the problems it has and has had. Countless inspiring stories can be shared from Medellín!
Medellín Up Close – Medellín up close It is a collector's book to know and recognize the true value of the city.
Medellín Up Close – Medellín up close It is ideal for…
- Inhabitants of Medellín who want to know more about their own city.
- Paisas that live in other cities of Colombia or abroad.
- Foreign friends interested in visiting or learning more about Medellín, its history and its culture.
- Foreigners who are in Medellín learning Spanish.
- Foreigners who come to the city and want to use it as a tourist guide, or who are already leaving the city and want to bring an excellent souvenir or gift for themselves or their loved ones.
- People in general who want to practice the English language and, at the same time, learn more about Medellín.
- Tour guides.
¿Qué dicen los medios de comunicación?
A precious book that you have to have in all Antioquia rooms.
The beautiful, the iconic and the wonderful that the City of Eternal Spring has, to show the world a visually rich content with photographs and descriptions of them.
This publication comes with texts in Spanish and English, which appear in parallel to tell the stories and culture of the city.
Compra fácil y en línea con cualquier medio de pago
Book 'Medellín Up Close – Medellín up close'
Free shipping within the metropolitan area of Valle de Aburrá. For other destinations, messaging rates apply.
Medellín and Valle de Aburrá: up to two business days.
Other municipalities of Antioquia: up to five business days.
Main cities in Colombia: up to five business days.
Municipalities of other departments of Colombia: up to fifteen business days.
Secure payments through debit and credit cards, cash or deposits.
By purchasing, you agree to the terms and Conditions.
For shipments outside of Colombia, make your purchase on amazon.
Other online purchase options
You can buy your copies online on this same site or on the website of your distributor or favorite bookstore, by clicking on any of the following options:
Free shipping in the Aburrá Valley. Shipping rates apply for the rest of Antioquia and Colombia.
Printed version and electronic version (e-book), with shipments to a large number of countries on all continents.
Network of bookstores with physical stores and shipments throughout Colombia. Shipping rates apply, depending on the destination.
Online store of the Museum of Modern Art of Medellín. It offers shipments within the department of Antioquia.
Online store of the Al Pie de la Letra bookstore. It offers shipments within Antioquia and throughout Colombia.
Online store of the Exlibris bookstore. Shipments to different municipalities of Antioquia and other departments.
Si preferís acercarte a una librería o tienda física,
tenés las siguientes opciones:
• Acentos (Universidad EAFIT)
• Al Pie de la Letra (Ciudad del Río y Suramericana)
• Bukz (Calle 10 A, El Poblado)
• El Fauno (centro comercial City Plaza)
• El Palacio de los Lectores (Aeropuerto José María Córdova)
• Entre Líneas (Edificio Los Búcaros, Av. La Playa)
• Exlibris (Carlos E. Restrepo)
• Grammata (sector Estadio)
• Interuniversitaria (Universidad Pontificia Bolivariana)
• Librópolis (Pasaje Orquídea Plaza, Junín)
• Megalibros (Ideo [antes «Univentas»], Autopista Sur)
• Nacional (centros comerciales y aeropuerto JMC)
• Resplandor (centro comercial Unicentro)
In another cities
Headquarters of the National Bookstore (shopping centers and airports in the country).
Tourist places and shopping areas
• Museo de Antioquia
• Tienda MAMM (Museo de Arte Moderno de Medellín)
• Tienda Museo de Ciudad (Pueblito Paisa)
• SOUVENIRS Gifts, Crafts & Gallery (San Fernando Plaza)
• Casa Kolacho (Estación San Javier del metro)
• Tienda Cola (centro comercial Santafé)
Commune 13 Electric Stairs
• Café del Filo
• Cremas de la 13
• Trece Gallery
• Tienda del DIM
El Penol and Guatape
• Arte a Mano (Plazoleta de los Zócalos, Guatapé)
• Almacén Zókalos (Plazoleta de los Zócalos, Guatapé)
• Stone Artesanías (Piedra del Peñol)
• Artesanías Mi Viejo Pueblo (Réplica del Viejo Peñol)